FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help changing flight tonight due to weather
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:29 am
lowfareair

Need help changing flight tonight due to weather

Hi all,

My roommate is flying SJC-ATL-PHL tonight/tomorrow morning, but there is supposed to be a plethora of rain coming down into Atlanta at that time. He wants to be home for a meeting tomorrow at noon, but isn't sure he'll make it with the rain.

I noticed there is an SFO-DTW-PHL routing at the same times, and tried calling DL reservations to ask to change, but they won't change it without a fee as 'there are no problems in ATL at the moment'. Of course, as there is only light rain now, but NWS is calling for almost 2 inches of rain between when his plane leaves ATL (It's flying ATL-SJC-ATL) and when he will be scheduled to depart for Philly tomorrow morning. The alternative suggested was 'see what happens at the airport', but by that time it will be too late to get to SFO from SJC, and there's nothing leaving SJC until the next morning.

I'm not statused on DL, but is there any way to get them to change the flights without a fee?