FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complete List of Airports with Whole Body Imaging/Advanced Imaging Technology Scanner
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:39 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by hbush
Would be nice to have this info updated also here in FT which is IMHO by far the No.1 source for all things related to air travelling.

I was not specially listening to these new US scanning / groping attacks on passengers but now I definitely will, after experiencing these things myself few days ago in ORD T1 going from EU to another US destination. Civilized countries shouldn't have such attitude to their people.

Perhaps US is simply going to encapsulate themselves in some kind of "Iron Curtain" like Soviet Union used to do long time ago, and scare away any visitors who might wish to travel to USA. All this is definitely not about security because even Israel doesn't do such things, and their airport security is The Best in this world.
+1 I've spoken to a couple of friends who actually work TLV security and asked them about the <whole body scanner>'s or "enhanced" pat-downs. They thought it was ridiculous. Identify if the person is suspicious (and no, I don't mean see if he's Musilm or not; I mean identify if he is acting strange,) and otherwise use regular protocol. They even allow liquids on flights (unofficially of course!)

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 21, 2018 at 9:24 am