FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accidently Booked a flight as AC instead of a codeshare. Can it be fixed?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:45 am
yyzgigi

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by Eternity000
Hi,

I booked tickets from Montreal to Auckland and the return with a layover at LAX. The flight from LAX to AKL is on Air New Zealand, while the YUL to LAX is an Air New Zealand code-share on AC metal.

I however accidentally booked the return LAX to YUL flight directly on AC instead of being on the Air New Zealand code share. Given that it's the same flight and price is there any way to change this ticket so that the AKL to YUL is all considered Air New Zealand? The ticket I booked was non-refundable, but since this should be a simple change I'm hoping there's a way to do it so that I don't have to worry about missing my connection @ LAX.

Silly mistake, but there must be a way to fix it right?

Thanks in advance
If it is all on one ticket, I cannot see any reason that you'd want to change it. The ticket will be treated the same for connections, milage accumulation and checkin regardless of whether it is sold as NZ or AC.

If you misconnect and it is on one ticket you will be protected. Not that it will make a difference, but if it is not on one ticket, you will not be able to buy an NZ one way ticket between the US and Canada.