FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My recent experience with TSA pat down
View Single Post
Old Nov 12, 2010, 6:25 pm
Mr. Elliott

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JumboD
Thanks. I suppose, in the interest of creating an even bigger backlog, I should probably be requesting a supervisor-level LEO (Sgt. or higher), as I'd assume them to be more level-headed/experienced than the jr. LEOs.
I would take any level LEO over a STSO or LTSO any time, LEO’s are highly trained nowadays to analyze the situation before taking action. I know there are some LEO’s out there who think they are god, but they can be held accountable for their actions because they can be sued or punished by their superiors if a complaint is filed against them, I think they are few and far between. I would think LEO’s would be very helpful in some encounters with anal TSO’s

I would like add to my previous post that incidents where people challenge the TSA rules like removing belts or shoes or submitting to pat downs, you will lose these arguments no matter who you talk to, the TSA is in charge and if they say something like remove your belts and you argue with them, then they are correct in saying that you will not be flying today.

My suggestions only apply to TSO’s that you feel violate SOP and make up their own rules as they see fit, and use the bully pulpit to try to force passengers to cower at their feet, those are the ones that need to be severely disciplined. And this applies to all you STSO and LTSO’s out there as well, lie to cover up one of your subordinates, then you too deserve to be disciplined.

Would I have any remorse if because of my complaint, a TSO, LTSO or STSO was severely disciplined or even fired, absolutely not, as a matter of fact, it would make my day knowing that I was responsible for what ever happened to them, which of course I would never know because it is probably SSI, but I would at least know that there is one less TSO out there making peoples lives miserable.

Mr. Elliott