FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What if the TSO performing the enhanced patdown is gay?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:21 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RichardKenner
Would you make that comment about people who frequent nude beaches?
If you were to go around touching random people at nude beaches while operating under your own assumption of having been granted informed consent by every Tom, Harry and Dick whose erogenous zones you touch there and were to ramp up such activity there and perhaps elsewhere, then yes. At nude beaches too, getting informed consent to such physical contact generally does matter if engaging in such touching or attempting such touches -- otherwise the person is more than just a pervert, rather the person is a suspected criminal pervert.

Originally Posted by RichardKenner
The point (and the analogy with doctors) is that things we might peceive as "sexual" (seeing nude people, doing examinations of genitals, doing pat-downs that include the genital region) aren't really such and when people do those things on a regular basis, they don't see them as "sexual". You call that "desensitization", but I think it's more like realizing that it wasn't sexual in the first place.
That's not what I called desensitization, so who knows what conclusion you are making.

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I think any sex offender would find TSA an ideal place to practice.
Exactly, as it's chock full of opportunities for such persons, more so for those who haven't been held accountable for such offenses.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Nov 12, 2010 at 2:05 am Reason: merge consecutive posts