FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at MCO
Thread: Cars at MCO
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:24 pm
pipervali

Originally Posted by qs933
Just wondering...if Alamo is cheaper and you'd get a full-size car, is there a specific reason to play Emerald Aisle roulette? I could see if you're building loyalty points for free days or Emerald Exec qualification, but it doesn't sound like it.

To answer your question, I think others have done exactly that (hold multiple reservations) and made the decision after looking at both choices. I don't think National charges a penalty for a no-show or late cancellation, but that could always change...
Honestly it's mostly curiosity. Last rental I did, was through Alamo, but it was a convertible, so I never really got to see what else was offered. So it's a combination of hoping for maybe an SUV or a nicer sedan on the EA, and not really knowing what I'll end up having to choose from on the Full size aisle at Alamo.

I suppose I can just mosey over to the EA and see what's available, and if nothing catches my eye, go back into the terminal and check in using the Alamo kiosks. I just hate doing that, because it ties up in the Alamo ressie if I don't actually need it.