FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National Opt-Out Day: November 24, 2010
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:23 am
RoadVeteran

Programs: CO/DL
Originally Posted by STSODavis
Ummmmm...let me think....last week I had to get the pat down in DFW because a metal piece on my pants caused the walk thru to alarm. My kids have not had to get the pat down since I haven't flown anywhere with them since the new procedures. The hardest thing about the pat down to me is holding my arms up for so long...other than that I know I don't have anything on me so just do it and get it over with is how I feel.

Oh and my mother has to get patted down every time she flies because she doesn't go through the walk thru. So I know first hand what you all go through as regular passengers....my statement still stands....making it a bigger issue than what it is.

So I take it if they just say all people over the age of 65 and all children under 12 can bypass screening and some terrorist decides to send a 10 year old in wheelchair with a bomb strapped to him everyone would cry that TSA isn't doing enough. Or that little old lady with the knee replacement who so graciously hands me her card with that handy picture of her metal knee can bypass screening....this is why I say TSA can't win with most people.
I think we can agree that we disagree over this point