FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National Opt-Out Day: November 24, 2010
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:22 pm
MikeMpls
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still PAL Premier Elite & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peachfront
I plan to opt out for health reasons. I don't object to a pat-down. I'm not sure what to tell you. You seem to object to ionizing radiation of young people -- you mention a child -- and I absolutely agree. Heck, I'm not all that young, and I'm still not ready to say, "OK, I'm dead in 30 years anyway, so I don't care if you expose me to extra ionizing radiation." However, you also object to a pat-down. May I ask what type of search you DON'T object to? My feeling is that we can best protect our health and our ability to fly if we offer a reasonable alternative to the ionizing radiation. I don't see a health problem with a pat-down done by a professional person. My two cents only.
These aren't "patdowns" by "a professional person". They are sexual assaults & intrusive searches (don't forget the "resolution search" that occurs behind closed doors that almost certainly is a real strip search). The so-called professionals are GED's often hired from ads on pizza boxes & gas pumps.