FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:30 am
Vecturist14

Programs: DL Gold
Flew PHX to LAX this weekend. PHX out of terminal 2 - was dismayed to see NOS at security - commented on them (and called them NOS), TSA clerk said they were merely installed and they hadn't been trained on them yet. Went through WTMD with no problems, although I noticed they patted down two older ladies behind me and searched one guy's bag. I'm wondering if I was ignored because of my comments.

LAX out of T7 - managed to get in a line with NOS and was telling my friend loudly I was going to opt out, but we both got directed to the WTMD. LAX was extremely inefficient - they'd stop the line when they had to clear someone or something and I think the guy manning the conveyor belt was a trainee because he kept having to double-check things. My friend had her bag searched because the guy had no idea what a camera monopod was. I asked about a complaint form and was told to file it online. Oh and yes, half the TSA agents at the checkpoint were simply standing around talking.