FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: How long do you think the 1m/2m lifetime status will continue?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:32 am
wildaboutmovies
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM+, Lifetime PLT, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by jaguar
Thank you FlyerTalk. My lifetime Gold elite status just posted after the "Sunday sweep".
VERBATIM EMAIL from AA exec assistant:

I read the blog you sent. Interesting to read something like that from not-so-regular flyer. Generally we hear about the frustrations frequent flyers have because of those that have reached the Million Mile status by mostly partners, much like he mentions in his blog.

The Million Miler program is not something we advertise and is really somewhat of a programmatic exception. I don't believe you can even find any details about it online at AA.com, but if you were to call and ask about it, we would not keep anything from you, figuratively speaking. We would much rather see our members get the miles from flying with us, but whether you accomplish a million miles by flight or by partner - or non airline ticket credit card purchase - it's no easy feat, and I believe that is why we have always considered all miles posted to the account for that program.

As for any changes - the program has always been subject to it. As we all know, this is an ever-changing world/society/industry. We're always looking at our program to see if it is best suited for what we have going on today.

So, in essence, yes, perhaps they are thinking about ditching the CREDIT CARD PURCHASES and such in order to qualify for 1MM and each MM thereafter, on AA. Or maybe not. No definitive answer...