FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:13 am
VegasCableGuy

Programs: WN A++, Marriott Plat, Avis 1
Originally Posted by Cat1099
I opted out at IND a week ago. As gropes go, it was okay, but it seemed designed to be public shaming for disobedience.
The female TSO was polite and a little apologetic. I'm not shy about my body but even for me it was uncomfortable to have a stranger drag her hands across and under my breasts while other strangers watched.
The TSO should have offered you a private screening; keep that in mind as an option in the future should you desire.

Personally tho, I'd never go into a room with those guys out of the view of others. I don't know the people that would take me into the back so I have no reason to trust them. Most people are decent and normal, but there are a few that are dangerous animals and psychopaths. The Standford Prison Experiment and Abu Ghraib demonstrated that that even average citizens can quickly become sadistic when given power over others. Not knowing who I'm dealing with, I'll keep in public view and endure the punishment.

Hopefully some of the other passengers that witness these searched begin to realize how far out-of-control TSA has gotten.