FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Elite worth $240? (And is the 35k figure a hard stop?)
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:50 am
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
if so, why are u asking this Q then??? 1. I read here in the past that AC would award E status even when a member isn't quite at 35,000 miles. Can someone elaborate on the regularity of this practice?

if u want the status then cough it up and do another run or reroute with another segment or two which will then give u more miles (ie. YYZ-YOW-YUL will give u 1000 miles instead of YYZ-YUL which gives 500 miles).......

at the end of the day its your choice.... dont achieve 35,000 miles.... dont expect AC would grant E status... its a subjective process and they look at things such as number of years as a member etc.....

the benefits of the program are:

$20-45 lounge access x the number of times u want to visit next year
J or Z class fare less Y, B, M, U for SWU x 2-4 certs
J or Z class fare less Latitiude, Tango Plus for SSWU x 2 certs
I just wanted to hear about others' experiences and get all the facts before making a decision. So if most people said 34,300 miles would be okay, I probably would have gone for it booked the run. If most people said 34,300 is nowhere near guaranteed (as they have), I would have to look into additional trips I can take and decide whether the total cost is worth it. Your second response is much more helpful, so thanks.