FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TGIT - Thank Goodness It's Thursday! (For US residents only)
Old Nov 5, 2010, 6:53 pm
sc flier

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by DHAST
No it's not. It is *so* tedious to try and wade through these promo pages. I don't get it. What's the point? As another poster pointed out, even if you do have the patience to wade through the menus, most of the time you end up getting a "this code is invalid." Well, tell me what I need to do to make it work.
You're right. It's not actually tolerable. I just couldn't think of the right adjective, and I was trying to be gentle.

Better as follows?
This is tolerable fairly intuitive but inanely tedious for NY, NY. But it's less than ideal an irritating geography quiz for marketing hotels such as the Sheraton Charleston Airport in North Charleston, SC, ....
At least some of SPG's other similarly-organized promo pages present a list of properties before having to narrow things down to the city level. Some at least stop by letting you view the list at the state level.

Regardless, I would have thought that SPG would've figured out over the years which methods of organizing such searches work better than others. Some of these templates should have been retired long ago.