FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:04 pm
time2go1st

Programs: DE,UN,StarwoodGold
Originally Posted by AlxStevens
I am also just back from 2 nights at the Fairfax this week and didn't have these same issues. I was in a room that looked very recently renovated, including a flat screen HDTV with a number of actual HD channels (wonder of wonders!)

I didn't notice any HVAC noise, though I'm not super sensitive so perhaps I'm not the best judge.

There definitely was no light leak in my room - as a matter of fact I was actually disappointed that there wasn't a digital clock by the bed because it was so dark that there was no way I could read the analog model. I personally like to know what time it is when I wake up (even in the middle of the night), so that was annoying.
Congratulations, sounds like I would have loved to have your pitch-black room -- when you were not in it of course. I did have the flat-screen also which was nice, and also no digital clock, but that's okay by me, I personally don't like to see those in the middle of the night and depend on my own travel alarms -- to each his own I'm sure.