FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington DC, Left SPG 12 Oct 2015 [Master Thread]
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:41 pm
AlxStevens

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by time2go1st
Just returned from 2 nites at this property and have to say, I found it uncomfortable. Was it supposed to have been renovated recently? I'd say it needs another one, or a more thorough one. I do understand that older properties have little quirks built into them, but some things here were just not good: 1) heating/ac system wheezed loudly all nite long, I tend to prefer real quiet in the middle of the nite; and 2) entrance door did not fit the door frame, there were big gaps through which hallway noise AND LIGHT filtered, so the room was never really dark for sleeping. I mean, come on, we're not in the 19th century anymore, at these rates I think one should rightly expect certain minimum standards of modern comfort even in a "historic" property. Oh and yes -- fabric on the desk chair and bench were badly soiled and stained, not appealing to sit on. This is luxury?
I am also just back from 2 nights at the Fairfax this week and didn't have these same issues. I was in a room that looked very recently renovated, including a flat screen HDTV with a number of actual HD channels (wonder of wonders!)

I didn't notice any HVAC noise, though I'm not super sensitive so perhaps I'm not the best judge.

There definitely was no light leak in my room - as a matter of fact I was actually disappointed that there wasn't a digital clock by the bed because it was so dark that there was no way I could read the analog model. I personally like to know what time it is when I wake up (even in the middle of the night), so that was annoying.