FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats
Old Nov 4, 2010, 3:16 pm
robyng
In memoriam

Originally Posted by timg
Another option, although it would likely require an extra connection, is AC via YVR. I flew to Shanghai on AC from vancouver a few months ago, and it was pretty good. In fact, I'd say the business class on AC overseas is the best of any north american carrier. Sounds like from your posts that you are willing to connect in a north american city and perhaps spend some time - Vancouver is much nicer than Toronto, in my opinion.

I am not sure how to hyperlink, but there is a thread in the CO summarizes some of the differences in business class on different airlines (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ess-class.html) - See post 14 and 21.
Thanks for the idea. After checking lots of options - turns out Delta has perhaps the best flights/connections from JAX (through Detroit) - and some of the worst equipment. No reason to spend lots of miles on its "business class" (which doesn't look a lot better than economy class - especially since I've seen RT flights at less than $900 in economy class). The carriers with the nicest looking equipment (like AC) don't have bad flights - they're just long trips. Like spending Day 1 from JAX to YVR - then day 2 to Shanghai - arriving on Day 3. The latter is what we did to Japan - and it was tough. Note that we do like Vancouver - a lot. Perhaps we'll just end our trip in Vancouver and call it a day . Robyn