FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much is Platinum worth?
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:04 am
yosithezet
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by clubman
Someone on here (can't remember who it was...) said they were refused their PL status being maintains even though they were not that short, and they had had it for a while.
This is my concern as well. That said, LY called me 2 months ago to remind me that I needed the 2K. I explained that I'd have had it already had they not taken so long to approve the match. However they matched me during a slow period for travel. She said that we'd talk again as we get closer to the end of November to see where we stand. So perhaps there is some hope.

As for my travel patterns, typically end up with about 4K points per year solely on long-haul 200 point legs in Y. So about 10 trips per year. Since I've been flying out on Thursday nights to BKK rather than Sat/Sun my upgrade percentage even as a Gold has been something like 90%. One the return I also end up with something like 80%. Back when I would fly to BOM from TLV my upgrades were pretty much 0% as a Gold. I doubt that I'd have much better success as a Plat on that route.