FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Security Consultants Claim New Terrorist Bombs May Mean No More In-Flight WiFi
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:47 am
TXagogo

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
One can ban wifi, one can tie people up in their seats, administer IV Diprivan for the duration of the flight and blindfold them for good measure; one can do a body scan, ultrasound, barium swallow and mri on every intending passenger, but it's important to understand that one can never be completely free from the type of threat seen last week.
Love it!

"Sir, would you like that cocktail before or after your propofol?"

Here is my twisted fictional analogy:

Sprigfield homeowners association bans the Slinky
-Associated Press

Remember growing up in the 80s and playing with the Slinky? I can remember the fun I had sending it down the stairs and doing all the other things shown in the commercial. Well it's a good thing that children these days have the internet and X-box to keep them busy because a homeowners association in Springfield has decided to ban the Slinky from the neighborhood.

Terry Wrist, head of the neighborhood HOA, says that the Slinky represents a new and emerging risk to the safety of all residents in the neighborhood. "Independent security consultants have determined that a Slinky, if brought into the neighborhood, could be equipped with a steel tensioner that can increase the effect of it's spring. This spring could then be hooked up to any catapult system, dragged into somebody's back yard, and be fitted with a sharp boulder. If a nefarious intruder with an ulterior motive were able to get a hold of a Slinky and enable said catapult, he would then be able to launch the boulder across the yard, through a back window, and into the face of a resident of the home if they happened to be walking by the window at that moment". When asked why a nefarious intruder would not just use a gun, Wrist had no comment and excused himself from the interview.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Nov 5, 2010 at 10:02 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts