FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uhh Delta shouldnt Vegetarian meal be Vegetarian?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:12 pm
Moebius01

Programs: AA - PP
Originally Posted by danielonn
Ok lets just say someone who ordered a Kosher Meal and could not eat meat and milk together in the same meal and lo and behold got this Ranch Dressing with their chicken how would they feel? I can honestly see where you are coming from. I would write Delta and tell them that the reason you order the Vegetarian meal is so that way you are guaranteed a meal that you can eat without any animal products. You have every right to let Delta know about this. On the other hand its like having a peanut allergy its your responsibility to read the ingredients but Delta catering should have done this beforehand.
^This.

Plus the fact that there are quite a number of definitions of vegetarian (some of which include dairy products, some of which even include fish products). It sounds to me like the OP considers him(her)self a vegan, meaning no animal product period (a lifestyle which I would assert is effectively impossible when you consider how many animal products are in everything, but that's a different debate). Perhaps Delta uses one of the looser definitions.

Does Delta have a Vegan selection as well as Vegetarian? If they do offer both and a vegetarian meal was requested, then there's little room for complaint. If they do not offer both, then I would say there is room for complaint, but not the threat of legal action as has been bantered about in this thread. At least not until an industry standard definition is adopted.