FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: How long do you think the 1m/2m lifetime status will continue?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:31 pm
GrizShel

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by L3talk
Hi, does anyone know how long after made qualified purchase does Citi credit the 75000 promotion miles? I would make 2MM after the 75K hit my AA account, thus I am somehow nervous on if I can make lifetime Plt before year end?
Being so close to 2MM, you should definitely do whatever you can to reach peace of mind on this sooner rather than later. While I am subject to the general hysteria on this thread, the only thing different I have seen this year than in past years (where the hype reached similar levels) is that 2 people have been told that it would be a good idea that they reach their million mile or 2million mark before year end if they can. Unfortunately even thought the analytical side of me says there is probably only a 10 or 15% chance this will be changed in the next few months, I have been the victim of several significant Delta program devaluations without prior announcement making me nervous that AA is also capable of such. Furthermore, it looks like AA has significantly devalued AAdvantage miles for European redemptions in particular with their change to VERY hefty fees on BA metal awards. If they can do that without sufficient warning, perhaps they'd also do that to the lifetime status program as well.