FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:57 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I just got denied for the following reason:
"This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi/AAdvantage cardmembers. Our records indicate that you previously had a Citi/AAdvantage account with us."

OK, what am I missing here? I know just about everyone here has had an AAdvantage card before. In the past I've had one Mastercard and one American Express, but I've actually never had a Visa, and the card I applied for was the Visa. I called them and spoke to a supervisor, and they insisted that the application decision was correct.

Anyone have any insight?
Lucky,

Citi does NOT distinguish types of cards (unlike the practice of Chase). Citi only distinguish the Categories of cards - personal and business.

No, on this thread there are many posters who do NOT have AA cards before. The Majority of the posters on this thread seem to be very new to the CC bonus game.

You are one of the unlucky ones who hardly churned much (only 1 AA card each type) but got denied for not being first-time customer. Those folks who have had many AA cards in the past while being jealous, really could not complain because they have gotten many bonuses in the past, except that it took months to get what now people got in one month only.