FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Oct 30, 2010, 6:09 pm
travelmbs

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Hyatt Newbie

What a nice gesture, thank you! And thank you all....For the knowledge, amusement, and travel power. I am a hyatt diamond newbie (disgruntled Marriott member) and have yet to figure out the Hyatt points vs miles. I have read through many postings, however, there is so much info I get overwhelmed and move on to another topic. Is there some sort of magic formula, x$ request points vs x$ request miles...bonus aside? Or am I just too confused?
Second, I scan this thread routinely to pick up some of your expert advise, but again, I get lost. Can you offer your tricks for getting up to speed, then keeping up? I am in the process of formulating my own cheat sheet to read your abbreviations!
I attained my diamond membership late summer and have stayed one stay for 14 nights and was thrilled with the experience. Looking forward to more, and frankly, want to make the most of it. If I could only figure the airfare roulette to asia! My goal is to maintain the diamond.
Thanks in advance for your advise, and I truly value this site - thank you!