FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue DCA Launch and Inaugural Flight Events - Monday Nov 1, 2010 #B6DCA
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:29 am
jetsetter

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
JetBlue DCA Launch and Inaugural Flight Events - Monday Nov 1, 2010 #B6DCA

Surprised here on FT, Google, and Twitter there is not more buzz about the JetBlue launch at DCA on Monday November 1st!?

I'm wondering what is planned for inaugural flights, press events, and other launch type activities?

I know when WN launched at BOS just a little over a year ago, there was a lot of buzz and press and community activity including:
*A launch party weekend event featuring free food and drinks, WN coupons, entertainment, and SWAG;
*An opening day event at BOS including a town crier, the CEO coming to BOS on a duck tour, and visits by local poleticians;
*Lots of media, Twitter, and Flyertalk buzz including bloggers and online community members who got behind the scenes access, tours, interviews, etc.

I'm also curious about B6's DCA terminal facilities. Are they located in the gate area near CO, perhaps near the CO Presidents Club? Pax will thus go through the security checkpoint serving CO/DL? Did B6 rennovate the gate area and add things like laptop power outlets or other ameneties?
Again just surprised not to see a DCA thread right on the front page of the Flyertalk forum, and surprised in Google the top results are eg old company press releases, and surprised there is not a lot of Twitter chatter I've read about DCA?

Anyone planning to attend, fly, or cover the prelaunch and launch events for us?

I figure for Twitter
#B6DCA
would be a good hashtag.

Also curious if the WN BOS launch got more buzz than is typical and if normally with launches people don't get excited?