FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - October 29, 2010 - One-Way Star Alliance Awards Are Now Available
Old Oct 28, 2010, 2:38 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by dsquared37
If UA does begin allowing o/w *A awards there is no way a stopover will be allowed. The big question is whether stopovers will continue to be allowed on a r/t.
If the program does begin tomorrow, I think stopovers will continue to be allowed on round trips, if only because I would guess that MP would give advance notice if stopovers were being taken away.

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I was just told that if you're crossing regions, you can do a short break (less than 24 hours) at your transfer city on the 1-way *A awards, which are, btw, world-wide and not just domestic US.

If you're traveling within one region, no stopover at all on the 1-way *A awards.
The 24-hour "short break" is nothing new -- it's just an ordinary layover. International itineraries are allowed up to 24-hour layovers, while domestic is up to 4 hours. A true international stopover is > 24 hours, and would almost certainly not be allowed on a one-way award.