FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - C for Y+SWU? do I look stupid?
View Single Post
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:52 am
silver-tls

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
You have no idea. I'm glad I was so tired so I didn't even attempt to give more than a few word replies. I closed my eyes as soon as I settled in, and put the seat into flat mode and turned the other way. He didn't say anything to me again but when getting out to use the lav, he made no attempts to make it easier for me to get in/out of my seat into the aisle.

He obviously thought that it was a fair deal because he was going to 'give' me a SWU back. I will say that he was very slick with his pitch and paints a nice picture before trying to make you seem like a total douche for not 'honoring a gentleman's agreement' when its really the other way around. I'm sure he's sweet-talked his way many times.

Most corp travel guidelines state if a flight is over 6 hours, you're allowed to fly C, otherwise its Y and upgrade on your own dime/miles/UDU. I tend to ignore comments similar about how 'his tax dollar is paying for my seat' but will not give up my C seat for Y regardless of what you offer or say.