FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AirAsia.com with a USA credit card
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:57 pm
seanthepilot
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Point taken.

I've had my periods of being furious with them too.

I've had international flights where they have assigned seats seperately from my travelling companion and refuse to put us together unless I pay. If I want to choose my seats, fine, but sitting together, in any seat, is a courtesy given when flying most every airline.

The worst had me being assaulted by a Station Manager who refused to let me on the jetway with my oversized carry-on. As is the case in Thailand, I reached in and emptied my pockets. With a combination of Thai Baht, loose change and Singapore Dollars, I was then allowed to board. Later, through the same airport, I got them to printout the reciept of that overbaggage charge and noted that only part of the money I handed him made it into the FD coffers. Important to note that this employee no longer works for the company. The point here is that their policies result in certain side affects. In this case I was wrong (first), but the question is why to have policies that stem into customer dissatisfaction.

Thai Air Asia has received many complaints that their sliding scale fares charge the last minute flyer too much. I agree that when/if they are cheaper, they are a reasonable choice. But for the same price or more??? I can't understand why they fill the last seats at those prices.

Anyway, I love Air Asia. But wanted you to know that it wasn't because I hadn't experienced some of the same frustrations.