FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Royal Meridien Shanghai 2009 on [Master Thread]
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:56 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Comments from an early October stay:

Arrived around 7:30 pm to find no doorman or bellman in sight. Found own way with luggage to elevators and then to check in counters on tenth floor. VERY BAD SERVICE ON ARRIVAL

Evening lounge hours for snacks and drinks are 5:30 - 8:00 pm.

Upgraded to junior suite on lower floor with lounge access. Suite located in corner of building, almost triangular or wedge-shaped room with bed and desk on one side, lounge area on other side of room. Lounge and bath faced the Bund, with good skyline views (including from my bathtub), but could not see much of the river itself. Bed area faced People's Park, with views (also from the window in my dressing room/closet). So there really are select standard suites (really junior suites) for Plats to upgrade into that have views of the Bund.

Nice indoor pool about four feet deep with long hours, IIRC, 6 am-11 pm.

Large walk-under-and-through fish tank just outside of the Chinese restaurant (floor 7?).

The zonal elevators are a mess, with a transfer from my room to the lounge, street level, some restaurants, healthclub/spa/pool, Chinese restaurant, etc.

Told there was 20 yuan service charge on Expo tickets through the concierge; there was no surcharge at the St Regis.

Don't miss the large fish tank with sea turtles in the department store window just across the street on Nanjing Road at the subway station. An early morning walk along the pedestrian zone showed me group exercises, juggling, dance, etc. groups of people before the crowds, which start to build up around 9 am.