FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citibank's credit card 'Virtual Account Numbers': anyone having issues?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:10 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
Thanks for the response. I didn't discover Citi's VAN feature until a few days ago. Since then I cannot get either the download for the app to initiate or the web-based version to work. Once I accept the terms and proceed to the next step, it just takes me back to the beginning. I emailed them last night as well and received a prompt response:

'Our programmers are working on the issue you reported and we expect to have it resolved soon.'

Is this acknowledgment of an issue or is it a boilerplate response? The issue is definitely not on my end. I even tried multiple computers to no avail.
Not boilerplate. They are aware of it and try to fix it. How long it takes is anybody's guess. Some upgrades went awry. At least this is not like Chase which online access was down for almost 2 full days a few weeks ago! Chase ultimately sent an apology email and said it would reimburse any fee for any late payments caused by website outage.

A week or so ago the site was down - unable to log in at all and kept return back to the log in page but there was no message displayed about website down. I finally called web support and they were aware the issue, told me to try several hours later or following morning.