FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AirAsia.com with a USA credit card
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:13 am
seanthepilot
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Sean, they are definitely successful, but providing a good product? It seems with FD, AK etc you get what you pay for, which isn't much.

You will get there, eventually, but a good product? That I'm not so sure about.

In the handful of flights booked online with my US based CC I've never had a problem. Out flights priced in Baht go to my better half's Thailand based card.
Doug, have you flown Air Asia much? They seem to me to have clean, well maintained planes, a good safety record, and a dependable and growing fleet/destination base.

They, despite giving NO extras, offer fantastic prices between cities, some of which only had extortionate fares.

The biggest fault of Air Asia is the top end of their sliding fare structure where the final 10 or 20 seats are priced far too high, often far above a full service airline.

Their additional weaknesses are the nitpick charges for selecting a seat adjacent to your travelling partner, and for checked bagage, and the terrible unusability of a ticket if you cannot fly on the day booked (fee structure, or within 48 hours).

However, Air Asia is a winner in my books. They chopped the price of the consumer's airfare, expanded to a great selection of cities (I'm patiently waiting for Vancouver ), and are getting rich in the meantime.

As far as flight delays, I can only comment on FD, Thai Air Asia, but I see no relation with flight delays, other than the rampant problem in Thailand of VIPs temporarily closing airports and delaying every carrier.

I say, Long Live Air Aisa! faults and all.