FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher vs. Jet Airways
View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2010, 3:27 pm
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DHAST
saad,

Does 9W have a bar in the front cabin ala IT? Personally, I thought that feature was super cool when I flew IT. I really did enjoy the experience up front. How does 9W's F experience improve on that, and for that matter, how does 9W's J product beat IT's J? (You seem to think that the ONLY time IT beats 9W is in the back.)
9w does not have a bar but they do have individual cabins for f passengers while are pretty cool....its like your own little room with a desk & a closet & an amazingly comfortable seat....

i do agree that the bar looks really nice but for someone like me, who doesn't drink, the bar is of no use....

i feel 9w j has more comfortable seats than kingfisher j on their long haul products....nice wide seats & great staff & good food....all better than kingfisher....

its been many years since i flew jet economy on long haul & i have never flown kingfisher economy on long haul, so i wouldn't be able to compare the two....but all the people in my firm who travel economy long haul seem to prefer jet to kingfisher....one of the main reasons is that the ife offering on kingfisher is fairly limited, while its pretty good on jet....

I have some logistics questions for you...

Can one fly 9W F from the USA? I ask, because when searching flights from JFK to DEL/BOM, it will show J fares but not F. Apparently there are no 77W aircraft operating between BRU and the Indian sub-continent?
they shut that down last year....apparently the loads were not good on that route....there is talks of bringing it back sometime in the near future but no one knows when....

Regardless, I have a limited amount of miles, and can't afford an F ticket from the US. I could, however, probably afford one from LHR. Is it worth 20,000 AA miles r/t to upgrade from J to F? Unfortunately, if I were to do that, I'd probably have to fly UA's E+ to LHR. (At least I'd be able to fly n/s IAD-LHR as opposed to having to get up to JFK.)
jet f is definitely worth it....

So, just out of curiosity, if you had the following options, what would you do:

1. Fly UA's E+ IAD-LHR, then IT or 9W from LHR to the subcontinent in F.
2. Fly BA IAD-LHR then IT/9W from LHR, all in C. I'd get stuck paying BA's onerous fuel surcharges, and assume AA would issue me an "all partner" award.
3. Fly AA DCA-ORD-DEL all in C.
4. Fly 9W JFK-BRU-subcontinent, all in C.
i have never flown ua long haul & i don't like ba at all....i am going to let my gold status expire this year....

i fly 9w jfk-bru-del in business atleast 3-4 times a year & i think its a great product....this is the option i would go for....

keep in mind that kingfisher does not have a first class cabin....the cabin they call 'kingfisher first' is actually a business class cabin....