FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, CA [Master Thread]
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:08 pm
sdix

Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
Howdy FTers,

Tonight is my 73rd night as a MR trecker this year. I plan to make plat next week in Orlando (sucks).

Anyway, I'm spending tonight at the Marriott Fremont Silcion Valley. Its about at 15 minute drive north of SJC. I stay at the Marriott in dowtown San Jose all the time. I thought I'd change it up this time and stay at the Fremont property. Let me start by saying the staff has all been friendly and professional, and the hotel is a nice propety. Do not waste your time here. The hotel stands alone in the middle of an open field. There are no shops, restaurants or anything. There is a hotel bar/restaurant, but when I left at 8:45 tonight I was the only person left.

At about 10:30 I thought I'd venture up to the executive lounge to grab a coke/water. Nope! It closes at 10:00 But a guest did tell me that I could buy a coke in the "gift shop" by the front desk... Thanks!

My room is respectably modern, but nothing that would impress me.

To summarize... Perhaps I'm spoiled by nicer properties, but this one did disappoint. While the facilites were nice, it offered nothing more than a Marriott property in an unforgivable location. If you're in the area, please stay downtown in San Jose. Unless your ideal night consists of watching QVC and eating fried food, the Marriott Fremont offers nothing to the intrepid traveler.

See you down the road~~~ Jerry
This property and many of the others on the 880 corridor really cater to the local high tech community. During the dot com boom 100% occupancy was par for the course. Not so much now....... My company uses the Marriott for our visitors as do many other high tech companies that are still in business. Granted there's nothing spectacular in the immediate vicinity but go north one exit and there's a shopping center and several good restaurants. PF Changs etc....