FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Johannesburg & Cape Town: Best Lounges?
View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:46 am
Cheetah_SA

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by mvtm
I read this. "Operated by a third party on behalf of: Qantas"
By wording i understood that this lounge is operated by a third party for Qantas flyers. Ï'm not sure if this means that ONLY Qantas FFP members may join the lounge. Ie. Gold and Platinum. I assumed in a positive scenario, that maybe i could use the installations as OW Sapphire is equivalent to Qantas Gold. I'm not sure how to take it.
My interpretation - and it is just that, based on my experiences - is that you will only be allowed into those lounges with a ticket for the relevant flight.

I've had the luck to enter OW Emerald lounges without any OW status or boarding pass. Other times i've been Ruby and have entered lounges. As a thankful gesture to FTers i try to bring as many pics as possible if i am able to enter.
But evidently you have just the right mixture of chutzpah and charm to achieve things that I never would.

In terms of features what's the difference between a Galleries Club and First? British Airways canceled operations to Venezuela many years ago...

But, if the two. Galleries Club and First are close each other or in the same enclosed space. I don't lose anything by politely asking.
Do you happen to have any JNB Galleries First and Club pictures?
Thanks Cheetah_SA
The two Galleries lounges are adjacent and share the same entrance. Go left to the smaller First lounge and right to the larger Club lounge and the shower/toilet suite. The main difference that I can remember is that the First lounge has windows overlooking the shopping concourse and has a gold coloured bar while the Club lounge bar is silver. I have no idea if the food/drink offerings differ.

Here are some photos of Galleries Club in JNB:

And one of Galleries First: