FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Slow "Hi-Speed" Internet in almost every Honors property
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:15 am
henryf

FWIW, the wifi in many Hilton properties is fine.

However, when wifi problems do occur they seem to make a disproportionate appearance in Hilton affiliated hotels. The conclusion is that maintaining wifi speed is not something that is emphasized in the franchise agreement.

Two recent examples......

During repeated 2009 stays, the wifi at the HGI in Beaumont TX was worthless. When I discussed this with the front desk, I was told to call the wifi provider. It wasn't a hotel problem.

The wifi at the MCI ES is also garbage. During my first and last stay there, the router was so slow that I checked out early and went to the airport in order to get my work done.

I think that the wifi at Beaumont is an insufficient bandwidth problem..the MCI problem was probably related to not having sufficient router coverage...arghhh

Many other Hilton hotels have been fine. Never had a problem at any of the Hampton Inns

In my experience, as a chain, IC properties (across all brands) seem to offer the best wifi experience.