FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CGN-LHR LH flight operated by bmi... Mileage accrual
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:24 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by captainiglo
Just got off the phone with M&M, and I have to say I am pretty upset.

Booked a flight CGN-LHR-CGN via opodo, booking class is L on a LH flight number, however operated by bmi (clearly saying this in the booking).

On the M&M website it says that bmi flights in Europe get me 1.250 miles in L

I learned that metal counts, not the flight number, and I was definitely sitting in a bmi A320...

However, I only got 125 miles credited, because LH says this is on a wet lease agreement and the flight is being treated as a LH flight in booking class L...

I always thought I am somewhat smart, but this nonsense makes me believe I should get back to elementary school and learn how to read, calculate, etc....
The relation between LH and BD flights is somewhat complex, since the usual "metal counts" rule does not always apply.

The LH website is not very clear on this but for the moment (until flight numbers change when the winter timetable comes into effect) flight numbers LH4xxx between Germany and the UK are "pure" LH flights or BMI operated LH flights (wetlease) and LH6xxx are BMI operated BMI flights.

If you check the bmi website you get a clearer picture (for a change ). Put the cursor over a flight number in "choose your flight". It clearly shows the operating airline and the aircraft owner. You will find that for all CGN-LHR flights the aircraft owner is bmi but the operating airline (for miles accrual) is Lufthansa.

This has been discussed extensively in the BD forum where there was as much confusion.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...l#post13594846