FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Madrid Master Thread (Archive Thread)
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:26 am
kyushuman

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Have a stay booked here for this weekend. First time in MAD. Availability is poor around town at the nicer places: Westin's been sold out for 3 weeks, and now even the IC shows "No Availability".
Factors I'm looking at:
1) Accessibility from Barajas Airport, arrive Friday morning, depart Sunday noon.
2) Price
3) Possible upgrades
4) walking distance to things (but from what I know the HI and IC are both in OK neighborhoods but not really near anything you'd want to walk to)

My booking is using my AMBWeekend BOGO Cert, so each night would be EUR140. Not bad but from what I've seen also not very good for this hotel. Should I 'waste' the AMB BOGO on this hotel?
I can get the HI in town for EUR52 with 2-4-1 promo, though likely no stay credit, which would be helpful in ICHG's autumn promo. Won't be in the hotel all day long, I'm guessing I'll be out and about quite a bit.
I'm PC Plat Amb, not RA, and most of the stays on this thread seem to be RA. I booked Executive Deluxe, so am guessing a Club Room upgrade with no Club Access is what I'd get here, though the "No Availability" could work in my favor if single upgrades are gone:
(in New Orleans last month I got a huge suite, like a 4-category UG, because it was overbooked with Priceline bookings!)
Thanks for any advice you can offer.