FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are 1Ks the Worst Gate Lice? [Merged Threads]
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:44 pm
BlueHenFlyer

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
What others might call 1K gate licing I call efficient boarding (scan BP, cross jetbridge, board aircraft, greet FA's with a warm "hello", find seat, stow rollaboard, move out of aisle, remove coat...all done in less time than it takes to play an early Beatles tune), thereby contributing to another on-time departure
Yeah, but maybe only 1 in 1,000 of the gate lice I see actually bothers to do this. Most of the ones who are lice stand around in the front of the plane like they own it (actually most of the worst lice are seated in coach) and screw around with the 27 bags they brought - all of which MUST go into the overhead. I can state with confidence that most of the gate lice I see put both bags in the overhead - in first or coach. Nothing worse than getting to a connection late (sitting in first) and seeing the OH clogged by briefcases and computer backpacks that could have been put under the seat.