FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Qingdao, China [Master Thread]
Old Oct 17, 2010, 9:31 pm
mastiff

Programs: SPG
Le Meridien, Qingdao, China

It is the first Starwood hotel at Qingdao, China. It opened in December 2009. (See below for photos)

Location: It is around 3km from the busy Hong Kong Zhong Road (about RMB10 by taxi). There is a shopping mall by the side where you can find a supermarket, cinema, restaurants, McDonald, KFC and Starbucks. A well known chinese restaurant serving seafood is just opposite the road. The city library is also not far away.

Transportation: 30 mins from the airport at RMB100 (inclusive of the highway toll) by taxi. Easy to catch a taxi. There are also bus stops nearby.

Availability of Suites: It seems that there is at least 1 suite per floor.

Platinum Upgrade: I was upgraded to a suite with a separate sitting room for a 3 nights stay.

Club Lounge: At 29/F. Turn left when you reached the corridor leading to the rooms. There is no sign showing the whereabout of the Lounge at the lift lobby. It occupies around 1/4 of 29/F. The setting looks too much like a restaurant than a club lounge. Do not expect too much for the breakfast. Beverage varities is good for the happy hour. The staff there is very helpful! ^^^

Breakfast: Had not tried the breakfast at the restaurant at G/F. Too many people there!

Restaurant: Apart from the all day dining restaurant at G/F. There is a Chinese one and a Japanese one at 1/F. I only checked the menu of the Japanese restaurant; not expensive but I believe the quality is not good.

Fitness Centre: With a large and pretty well equipped gym. There is also an aerobic room. A very large changing room with jacuzzi (one with hot water and another one for cold water). Sauna room and Steam bath room is also available.

Swimming Pool: One of the best indoor swimming pools I had seen. The only draw back is that it is too dark.

The Suite: A two-room suite (with separate sitting room). Two LCD TVs. There are input connections for the TV at the sitting room (by the side of the desk). No in-room wireless lan. Guest washroom.

Internet: Free for Platinum member for whatever speed you choose.

Starwood Previlege Card: yes for all outlets.

Stay and Point posting: Fast. All posted the next day after the stay.

BRG Points posting: Fast. Posted the next day after the stay.

Last edited by mastiff; Oct 18, 2010 at 8:02 am