FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Today was the day...(The Michael Roberts/ExpressJet Story)
Old Oct 17, 2010, 5:17 pm
star_world
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SpatialD
But I did exercise my right to choose not to pass through the scanner. Are you suggesting we should be made to go through it by force?
Absolutely not - I addressed that point in detail above. I'm suggesting that you stay at home and lobby for the rules to be changed if you don't like them. At the end of the day in your original post you chose to assume the rules didn't apply to you, got strongly rebuked, and went home anyway. My option would have been significantly more productive

Originally Posted by SpatialD
I didn't refuse the TSA's abuse because I thought it would change the way they do business - I did it because I didn't want them to put their hands on me!
That's a perfectly good reason to have stayed at home. You have the choice whether to show up and go through the procedures just like everyone else, or go home and complain about it. Easy.

Originally Posted by Combat Medic
Did Rosa Parks make an error in judgment or was she a patriot?
You need a stronger grasp of history (and ability to make analogies), I'm afraid.

How would you all respond if the OP told us that he was Canadian? "Yeah, what a patriot!!! - hey, wait a minute..."

The use of that word, in the context of this thread is absolutely sickening. Not surprising in the least though.