FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Today was the day...(The Michael Roberts/ExpressJet Story)
Old Oct 17, 2010, 8:55 am
star_world
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by trvlr64
My oh my I leave the country for a week and look what happens!!??!!

I have some information for our "dear TSA" people on here that like to think they are saving the world against the terrorism that is inflicted upon US citizens.

I was just in Paris......FRANCE not Texas this week for vacation and I flew through CDG.

Would you like to guess just how "extensive & tight" the security is over there? GO AHEAD.........GUESS...........

Let me just say that customs control entering and leaving France was so relaxed that if I wanted to be a terrorist I know exactly what country to come destroy America from.

They barely looked at my passport as I entered the country and exited. They asked me NOT ONE SINGLE QUESTION about why I was coming to France.

And there weren't any AIT units for us to be pushed through either.

Yet upon my return to this "fabulous and free" country I got questioned by customs and had to be rescreened upon exiting customs before leaving the airport because god forebid I have 3 oz of liquids in my carryon.

When are you TSA people going to realize that the continued harrasment of US citizens traveling IN THIS COUNTRY is not going to stop terrorism?

If I want to attack this country it is going to be from OUTSIDE our borders. The terrorists know this, the underwear bomber was proof of that. Yet for some frakked up thinking the TSA and our asinine goverment thinks that by causing harrasment to US Citizens within it's own borders is justifable and will stop the potential terrorist.

@:-) Maybe you TSA people should travel abroad and learn about the world outside of our borders. Then maybe you will understand.
This is a lovely story. I'm particularly curious why you bundle me in there though - I've traveled extensively in 100+ countries around the world for several decades and think the US system is one of the worst in existence. I have no love for the TSA whatsoever - nor have I ever. You're well able to conduct a search on this board and you'll see how consistent I have been on that point.

However - it's highly amusing that calling out blatant errors or stupidity on the part of a passenger brings the anti-TSA brigade on this board out of the woodwork. This nonsense about the OP being a "patriot" is absolutely farcical, and indeed an absolute dishonour to those who actually are. The OP just made a big error of judgement - hardly worthy of any praise, is it?

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 17, 2010 at 6:22 pm Reason: quoted material; baiting