FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Today was the day...(The Michael Roberts/ExpressJet Story)
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:09 am
mozgytog

Originally Posted by star_world
Excuse me while I throw up a little bit in my mouth for a moment

To the OP - I doubt you'll find any material support from the majority of posters here. The vast majority of this board is highly supportive of the "Opt-Out" approach, which means receiving a manual pat-down instead of going through a WBI device. In fact, it's one of the basic tenets of the TS&S membership league, as you'll see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...t-diamond.html
If I weren't still so attached to having an income, I'd be willing to do what SpatialD did. I wish I had the minerals to be willing to lose my job and deal with everything that entails, and disgusted that I even have to consider it as an option.

I'm ignoring all of your commentary surrounding the issue and focusing on this key principle. The rules shouldn't apply to you because...?
I get the impression from what SpatialD himself has written that he doesn't think virtual strip search and groping should be used for primary screening on anybody, not that he is special.

My point stands - the OP is in the wrong here by deciding that the rules don't apply to him.
The OP is a hero.

Originally Posted by TSORon
Its too late my friend, you and the others have already each taken a huge swing with the "axe of contradiction" at "the boat of credibility". You can bail all you like, but everyone can see the hole.
I don't consider being groped a suitable alternative to being strip searched because I very, very grudgingly endure it under threat of losing my job.

No, what I consider myself is too cowwardly to do what SpatialD did.

Originally Posted by eyecue
So at the end of the day what have you accomplished?
You got your "good job" and applause here and yet you might have managed to destroy a career. At the end of the month no one will remember what you did. No one will be buying your dinner or making any bill payments on your behalf. You have become a paper hero and that is sad.
I understand your point. But was it worth it? That is how the judgement is passed at the end of the day.
No one is exempt from being picked for the AIT machine. Since your career consists of an exploitable avenue from a security standpoint, you should know that.
Thank you for pointing out exactly the kind of attitude that makes people despise the TSA.

Originally Posted by kaerii
I guess you felt the same way about Rosa Parks, huh?
I'm also never going to be forgetting the name Michael Roberts.

Last edited by essxjay; Oct 17, 2010 at 6:14 pm Reason: calling out another FTer