FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Today was the day...(The Michael Roberts/ExpressJet Story)
Old Oct 17, 2010, 6:48 am
N965VJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by eyecue
I dont remember the name of the movie about the fake pilot. Two things come to mind.
1. He SAYS that he is who he is.
2. A uniform is all anyone has to go by and those and the ID that is with it can be fraudulently obtained or stolen. Hence the AIT referral.
There you have it folks, an example of where the TSA and it's employees get their idea of "threats"; Hollywood fantasy tales.

Originally Posted by star_world
Why on earth should we be applauding this
Because the political boondoggle Nude-O-Scopes do not see under folds of flesh or in body cavities, do not detect explosives, needlessly add to one's total lifetime radiation exposure, and have an ugly byproduct of groping.

Originally Posted by castrobenes
Although I am a TSA employee and fully support the use of the AIT and enhanced security measures, I do applaud Mr. Roberts. He stood up for what he believes in at much personal cost to himself. It takes much courage to risk one's employment over a moral issue. You don't have to share his philosophical beliefs in order to admire his willingness to suffer the consequences for following a path he believes is right.
^