FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum?
Old Oct 16, 2010, 4:15 pm
gatelouse

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by TSORon
Many of the folks here are willing to place their fellow citizens at significant risk in exchange for their own personal versions of rights, convenience and personal dignity. But they don’t bear any responsibility for that decision, they don’t have the background or experience to make the decision, and they really don’t give a dam that they don't have any of it. (emphasis added)
Don't take the bait, folks!

I challenge the assertion that folks on this board are willing to accept measures that add significant risk to security. Many have families. Enough said. A more accurate statement is that most of us believe that our ideas will result in zero to minimal/insignificant/acceptable additional risk.

I also challenge the assertion that folks on this board do not have the background or experience to make such decisions. I feel that anyone with a background in actuary, chemistry, psychology, medicine, computer security, military science, finance, or any of a number of analytic disciplines--combined with common sense, keen observation, and an awareness of current events--can make sound judgments on this issue. I suspect that includes most of us.

Security is just a variant on risk management, which shows up in most every professional field.