FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many TSO's, LTSO'S, STSO'S, Leo's, BDO's etc. are on this forum?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 8:46 am
mikemey

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by LessO2
Few, if any, here will argue about the TSA's actions both in their SOP and some individuals.

The question is why can't we discuss this in a civil manner?
Civility has been tried, and failed.

Clearly the TSO sees no reason to discuss things like rational adults. OUR WAY OR YOU DON'T FLY!!!! isn't acting like rational adults. Telling us that they will not discuss procedures because it would be "handing the playbook to the terrorists" is just plain stupid.

Do it our way and there will be no problems isn't how you open discussion about anything.

Yet the TSA does this all the time, from the top down to their TSOs.

Unless we meet the hostility of the TSA with hostility of our own (not FT by itself, but collectively), they will continue to walk all over us.

Its been proven that those TSOs who have been civil here (and 99% of the time that civility has been recriprocated) get spoken to by their superiors. That's even more messed up.

I'm skeptical that a civil TSO here is the exception, not the rule. Certain interactions with them here by me have made that even more clear to me.

I'm angry, and I don't have to put up with the TSA any longer. I will, loudly, proclaim to anyone who will listen just what the TSA isn't doing and that the only way to effect change will be to make sure that our elected dimwits get the point, and if that means storming the castle with pitchforks and torches, so be it. If that means that we're less than polite with a TSO, well, they should grow a thicker skin or find new employment.

Its not personal. None of these individuals have done anything to me personally. Hell, I'd probably enjoy a beer with them if they weren't TSOs.

But that's the point. They are the public face of a goverment farce. And I cannot any longer be polite to that government farce, especially when it's clearly wasted MY money.

If that makes me a pariah, then so be it. I can take it.