FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here excited for WP7?
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:38 pm
typical
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Thanks. I wasnt aware of that change. It is probably a case of too little though. Neither Verizon nor ATT even carry high end Nokia phones anymore. I have a Verizon phone and an ATT phone. I dont think Nokia makes unlocked CDMA phones so I cant use one on Verizon. As far as ATT Im sticking with the iPhone there so it looks like not that either.
Nokia's (bad) relationship with the US carriers has always harmed it - frankly, none of them have ever had a good track record of carrying high end Nokia devices.

That drives a bit of a reality distortion field around Nokia in the US media - they remain the largest smartphone manufacturer in the world but are completely ignored in US discourse.

There is quite a shift going on in the US market momentum now, though, from iPhone to Android. WM7 and Symbian - and WebOS, I guess - have a good opportunity right now to be disruptive there. It'll be down to the carriers whether they open that choice up to their customers.

(It's funny to me that the iPhone 4 is the first model I consider to have enough features for me to seriously think about buying - and I find it really ugly!)