FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here excited for WP7?
View Single Post
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:43 pm
nkedel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
My bad. I should have said 5.1 for Windows.
Gotcha. I'm guessing that was roughly the same as the 6.0 for DOS format?

I have them going back to 1993
88 here. Now I feel old.

WordPerfect does have a truly amazing set of file converters built in.
It certainly does. WP6 was an amazing piece of software for DOS in general - although its GUI mode was a bit pokey on the lower-end hardware of the day, you could still use it in plain-ol' text mode at which point it would run on almost anything.

Originally Posted by adambadam
Here is a link to settle the expandable memory debate

http://windowsphonesecrets.com/2010/...vable-storage/

In a nut shell there is expandable memory though one should more think of it as permanent. Once it is in everything is treated as though it is one in the same. From a basic user perspective this far beats the alternative of having to keep track of where your apps/contacts/music are stored, IMHO and I think it is a simple way to make up for manufactures who don't want to go all out with internal storage to keep the price of the phone down.
I continue to be unimpressed; Windows CE had a nice solution for making the location of files between main memory and storage cards pretty much transparent while at the same time not limiting your ability to manage storage, swap cards, or FTM, read/write to them on a PC.

I'm assuming the real reason for this limitation is DRM/sandboxing, which is in general their theme of making these as much like the iPhone as possible. Feh.