FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:10 pm
tommy777

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Drat - I finally booked my flight to NYC last week to arrive on the 31st because of the kick-off event - as it had been listed for months on the 31st, and which now has been changed to breakfast the next morning. Sounds like some others did the same w/ moving flights to attend. If I'd known it was only a brekkie, I probably would have just flown in on the 1st & saved myself a $300 hotel bill.

Having said that, originally the event on the 31st was a 'you had to be on the charter to attend' event. So - is this dinner still an official charter only dinner or is it any FTer can come along dinner? A few other items: approximate cost of $$ for dinner cuz I'm presuming the dinner place isn't going to take a lot of credit cards. And also for those who might not be staying at the Westin, is someone guesting us into the club?

Cheers.
Don't worry, Sunday night will be worth while and it will be reasonable AND take credit cards . I will contact everyone personally make sure everyone gets access to the club.

The event for Monday morning will not just be a breakfast. (to me it's the same if it's Sunday night or early Monday for Starwood to do their program, I would have to fly in Sunday night anyways). It will be an interesting program after breakfast before heading to JFK.