FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Mumbai Garden City [Master thread]
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:14 am
UALFLYER1

Fabulous!

Hi There,
I just stayed at the Mumbai Westin last weekend. What a terrific stay?

I am an SPG Platinum and they took really good care of me. I arrived in the lobby and they said that they wanted me to go to the 1st floor. I show up there and receive me with a nice cold drink and got me to relax in the couch. The guy took my passport and all the good stuff, completed the registration in 10 minutes and came over. I surfed the web in this lounge - which by the way has to be one of the largest club lounges in the world. I am not kidding. Back to the lounge later.

So then the guy gives my room key. I think I was on the 20th floor. I got upgraded to a fantastic suite. Which again is one of the largest suite I have stayed in my life. Bear in mind, I am a 10 year Platinum member and I have seen my share of suites. Anyway, I go to the room, kick it and I get another welcome call there to see if everything is good. The bed is massive - cal King i think.

Later I came down to the lounge again for the pM cocktails and had a few drinks, which were awesome.

Breakfast next day was terrific again in the lounge. They took really good care of me and the car came to pick me up for sightseeing.

The one thing i will tell you is that the airport transportation from the hotel is very pricey. Its about 1800INR. Thats a lot given you can take a Blue Cool Cab from the aiport for like 300INR.

Amazing hotel...little odd location if you dont have work in that side of town. Good service and hospitality!

UALFLYER1