FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Any Time Access going?
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:12 pm
lokijuh

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward
I know this will be unpopular, but I have no problem with QF removing "any-time" access. Allowing arrivals access is a nice gesture, and frankly I don't see why they should need to allow any more than that.
Yes but where does it stop? One could catalog the lost benefits over the last 7 or 8 years, and anytime is not the only one. Even this latest round of changes two of the other things that grate on me are ability to only check 2 bags (last 4 trips to SIN I have checked three), and change fees, not so long ago a redemption booking could be changed for free, after these changes fully come into effect some redemptions will require ~11,000 pts to change (eg CX bookings) MEAN. (add to that the loss of free allocation of exit rows not too long back, I'm sure there are more).

One argument I realise is that anytime was a benefit that few used, but I'm sure one could argue the same about the MEL/SYD F lounges. I bet the average PER based WP (unless travelling to the US) has little benefit from these, so let's get rid of them as well, and only allow WP's to access them whilst travelling in J. Also the 100% bonus must be a drain lets reduce PS to 10%, SG to 25% and WP to 50%. Oh, and abolish the loyalty bonus whilst we're at it.

But in return, we'll get brand new Marc Newson designed ear plugs when travelling long haul in Y.

It's not anytime, its the catalog of lost benefits that really greats on me. In return we get a nice three course meal if we happen to flying international out of SYD or MEL.