FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread
Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:32 pm
tommy777

Originally Posted by mnmag
I believe that the negotiations were with each property, individually, and the management of said properties set the cutoff dates! I am absolutely positive that Tommy & the crew did everything they could for us -- in those negotiations!^
Folks, I had a conversation with the Westin Seattle on Thursday, they promised to get back to me about adding another 20 rooms. Stay tuned, will call them tomorrow if I don't hear back. Hopefully, it will work out ^^

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Face it, the US is in a deep recession no matter what the official word is. This is the type of event only a few can take advantage of and even though most of it is taking place in the US, most American FTers have little or no job flexibility (if they are still working), and 1/3rd the official vacation/leave time that Europeans have. Those of us who are coming are pretty much our own bosses and not part of the regular labour force. I'm not really surprised that this is not yet a sell out for those and other reasons I won't go into. You are witnessing first hand the decline of the American empire. You'll see this clearly if you have time to actually visit Houston or Phoenix or even Seattle. They all pale by the state of repair of European cities and particularly those of the new China!
Now now... That's a little bit too dramatic. As long as we are all alive, the most important economy will be the US one...

The point Oliver was making, was that last year was a lot worse than this year and we were still able to sell out.

What happened now is that even people who have paid a deposit are backing out. Hopefully, we will sell out, but payments have been slow and the charter is due on Friday.

So again, everything that can be done to get the word out, is greatly appreciated.^^