FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ok, now Budget (and others) have lost their minds...
Old Oct 10, 2010, 5:16 pm
randix

Ok, now Budget (and others) have lost their minds...

Sorry, I can't help but throw out a comment on this, because it now has gotten beyond the absurd...

Budget is asking $508.99 (without taxes and add'l charges) for a one week rental in SJC for an economy car (it's only $1425.99 for a full size van). And I know, I could if I wanted to get that down with various bcd's. But I mean, c'mon...I've been renting cars 364 days a year for over 7 years and even this one has me shaking my head. I will and have do almost anything for miles, but the cost/benefit has literally flown out the window increasingly, for miles when it comes to car rentals.

All I can do is leave Budget and others, cause it obviously makes no economic sense to me. What did I do? Using a code here and peek there, I got a one week rental from another rental company in SJC (at the airport) for $88 plus taxes.

I don't care how many miles ya wanta offer, $508.99 vs. $88 is not a contest. Point being, the chase for miles via car rentals, increasingly not worth it...not like the old days!!!

And this is their business model????

Last edited by randix; Oct 10, 2010 at 6:26 pm